Setting Project Defaults in Primavera P6 Rel 8
In Primavera P6 Rel 8, where do I set my project defaults? There isn’t a tab for this in the EPS window.
P6 Rel 8 is a little different from previous versions. If you look at the screen shot below, you’ll see that the Project Detail Tabs are Budget Log, Codes, Description, Funding, General, Issues, Notebooks and Risks.
To set the Project Preferences, highlight the appropriate project in the EPS window, under the Projects section, right-click and select Set Project Preferences.
- Select Analytics to configure settings for storing historical data for use in P6 Analytics.
- Select Calculations to set the following:
- How to calculate remaining and planned duration
- To use Steps to calculate Activity % Complete
- How to update remaining and at complete units and cost
- Earned Value based on Project or User Primary Baseline
- Select Contract Management to link to a project in Contract Management.
- Select Defaultsto set following defaults:
- Duration Type
- Percent Complete Type
- Activity Type
- Cost Account
- Auto-numbering for Activities
- Select General to set the WBS Code Separator and the Fiscal year beginning date.
- Select Progress Reporter to set how the Resource can update activities using Progress Reporter.
- Select Services to set the Summarization and Publication of the project.
- Click on Team Member Applications to set what fields those with a Team Member Application view and update.
- Click Save on each screen to save any changes.
- Click Save and Close when complete.